Recipes from Jamie Oliver
Mushroom Cream Soup
- 600 g of mushroom mix
- 1 onion
- 2 stalks of celery
- 3 cloves of garlic
- A few sprigs of fresh parsley and thyme
- Olive oil
- 1.5 litres of chicken or vegetable broth
- 75 ml of cream
- 6 pieces of ciabatta
- Wash and finely chop mushrooms, onions, celery, garlic and parsley. Tear off the leaves from the thyme stems.
- Place a large saucepan on medium heat and heat butter in it. Add the prepared ingredients, pre-laying four tablespoons of mushrooms.
- Pour in the broth. Bring to a boil over medium heat and then reduce heat to a minimum and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Season the soup to taste, with sea salt and black pepper, and then grind in a blender until a homogeneous mass is obtained.
- Add the cream, bring to a boil and turn off the heat.
- Toast the ciabatta, frying them in a frying pan with olive oil and the remaining mushrooms. Serve the soup with the toasted ciabatta, decorating with greens.
Chicken Breast with Stewed Vegetables and Potato Casserole
- 800 grams of potatoes
- 3 onions
- Olive oil
- 1 organic chicken broth cube
- A stalk of fresh sage
- 100 ml of cream
- 30 grams of Parmesan cheese
- 4 fillets of chicken breasts, weighing about 120 grams
- Several branches of fresh rosemary
- 2 slices of bacon
- 200 grams of young leeks, spinach and frozen peas
- Preheat the oven on grill mode and boil water.
- Using a food processor, cut the potatoes into thin slices. Pour boiling water into a pot and leave to cook under the lid for 8-10 minutes.
- Peel the onion and cut the same way as the potatoes. Take a baking dish and heat olive oil in it. Fry the onion, adding sea salt, black pepper and a bouillon cube, until golden. Add the sage. If the onion starts to burn, you can pour in a little water.
- Chop the chicken fillet and add salt and pepper. Sprinkle with rosemary and beat well with a rolling pin.
- Fry the breasts in a frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil for 3-4 minutes on each side – until golden and ready.
- Drain the water from the potatoes, add the onion, mix and put into the baking dish. Pour over the cream, sprinkle with grated cheese and put into the oven.
- Cut the leeks lengthwise and put them in the olive oil, stirring constantly.
- Cut the bacon and add to the chicken, lightly frying them all together.
- Stew the spinach and peas with the leeks until the peas become tender.
- Lay the chicken on a ‘pillow’ of vegetables. Serve with potatoes.
Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- 100 grams of slightly softened butter
- 125 grams of powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 200 grams of flour with baking powder
- 1 pinch of fine sea salt
- 100 grams of chocolate
- Whisk butter and sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well. Pour the sifted flour and salt, knead the dough and add it to the finely-chopped chocolate.
- Using a tablespoon, form small balls from the dough. Place on a tray lined with parchment. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Lightly press down the balls and place in a preheated oven at 170 °C for 10-12 minutes. Bake until golden brown. Allow to cool completely and then serve with a glass of cold milk.