The Wine & Business Club. Wine, business and haute cuisine
A bit of history
Founded in 1991 and managed by Alain Marty, a passionate entrepreneur and ardent supporter of the wine industry, the Wine & Business Club (WBC) brings together fellow epicureans, including company heads, politicians and media executives in many cities.
The ‘club’ was a great success in Paris and continued to develop its concept throughout France and then Europe. The WBC comprises 2,500 members, spread across 15 clubs in 14 cities: Paris, Reims, Lyon, Marseille, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Lille, Nantes, Montpellier, Cannes, Genève, Luxembourg, Monte-Carlo and since March 2019 Limassol, Cyprus under the Presidency of Mr. Christophe Chaillou. It is the premier European network of wine-loving business leaders. In Paris, each ‘club’ meeting takes place monthly, in the lounges of the ‘Hôtel Le Bristol’ or the ‘Shangri-La Hotel’, welcoming more than 400 participants per evening. This private ‘club’ meets on a monthly basis and gives its members the opportunity to meet and debate with key figures from the world of business, gastronomy, politics, show business, sports or medicine. Lectures and debates are followed by a dinner and wine tasting. The dining experience is prepared by prestigious chefs. Wines are selected and presented to members by wine producers themselves, assisted by high level sommeliers or wine experts.
Wine & Business Club in Cyprus: The new chapter in the club’s history
The Wine & Business Club Cyprus was established in March 2019 by Christophe Chaillou, President of the Wine & Business Club Limassol – Cyprus and Doros Lycourgos, Vice-President of the Wine & Business Club Limassol – Cyprus, with the idea of gathering business, political and cultural circles around wine and gastronomy food.
The ‘club’ targets a minimum of 100 high-profile members among all business communities active in Cyprus, seeking top class venues to meet and enjoy sumptuous, private epicurean evenings. The events of the Wine & Business Club Cyprus, exclusively reserved to ‘club’ members, are to take place 7-9 times a year, at the Four Seasons Hotel in Limassol.
Christophe Chaillou, as a wine lover and owner of a famous chain of Wine and Deli Boutiques in Cyprus (Wine and More by French Depot), with passion and enthusiasm, created a unique atmosphere of business networking and pleasure, offering to guests the best of the world of wine and gastro food, prepared by chef Panicos Hadjitoffis under the supervision of Michelin-starred chef Andréas Mavrommatis. The tastings are discussed in the presence of the winemakers.
Membership Conditions & Benefits
Membership to the Wine & Business Club Cyprus is exclusively reserved to business managers and entrepreneurs. To become a member, it is necessary to be co-opted and pay an entrance fee. This entrance fee varies, depending on the two types of annual memberships offered:
- Individual: Systematically includes participation in 2 dinners, each at an evening at the ‘club’ in Cyprus. Yearly Fee is 300 euros + VAT
- Corporate (Companies): Systematically includes participation in 4 dinners, each at an evening at the ‘club’ in Cyprus. Yearly Fee is 1000 euros + VAT
New members receive a personalised membership card, offering:
- Networking at a high-level.
- Access to all evenings of the Wine & Business Club Cyprus at the Four Seasons Hotel, for the price of the dinner (€130, all tax included/person/evening).
- Access to all of the evenings of the Wine & Business Club France and in Europe (Paris, Toulouse, Lyon, Reims, Bordeaux, Lille, Marseille, Montpellier, Nantes, Cannes, Monte Carlo, Luxembourg and Geneva), for the price of dinner.
- Subscription to Wine & Business Club magazine.
- Access to all of the art-of-living events, organised by the club: Bacchus Golf Cup Trophy, private sales, vineyard tours…
- Access to the Anniversary Dinner of the ‘club’ in Paris, at the Hotel Bristol or the Shangri-La, at the end of January (FREE of charge for one person: value: €235, excl. taxes).
- Gold Card at Wine and More by French Depot, allowing a 25% discount on all imported wines or spirits.
- Access to all events and wine trips organised by Wine and More by French Depot.
For more information on joining the club, please contact: Christophe Chaillou
Phone: +35725327446, +35799599460
Email: [email protected]
Address: 17 Spyrou Kyprianou Street, 4043 Limassol